NOT MANY PROGRAMS OFFER A SNIPER CLINIC- WELL HERE YOU GO- CLINICS WILL BE TAUGHT AT THE POWER SKATING SESSIONS ON 12/27 AND 2/3- ALL FROM THE BEST OF PRO AMBITION'S STAFF!
AT THE CLINIC YOU'LL LEARN:
1. Quick release-getting the shot off before the goalie gets set.
2. Deceiving the goalie- Showing top glove with the angle of your blade and then rolling the wrists to shoot low blocker. Closing the blade appearing to shoot low before opening it up to go top shelf. The goalie must respect the angle of the blade, which gives the shooter the advantage.
3. Shooting off the wing
4. Shooting for rebounds- where to shoot when on a bad angle or from the wing to create a rebound for a player driving to the net.
5. Shooting off your front foot- providing a quicker release when in the slot or in traffic
6. Shooting in stride- shooting while going full speed
7. Point shots- how to get shots through and avoid getting your shot blocked.
8. Backhand shots
9. Scoring in tight- players must get the puck up quick as the goalie slides from one post to the other
10. One Timers- How and when to take them
11. Receiving a pass and having the puck in a position to shoot immediately. Al Macinnis was the best.
12. Fake shot/pass
13. Shooting off balance and off of both feet
15. Learning how to get open and come in and out of scoring areas
LTS is for boys and girls with little or no skating experience (ages 4-7). We offer two 10-week sessions (November to January, and January to March) and most join us for both sessions. Skaters work in small groups according to their ability. We emphasize the basic skating stride and edges, and we progress toward hockey-style games toward the end of the sessions. The goal is to have children gain confidence on the ice while developing their skating abilities in a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
Where: Babson Skating Center, 150 Great Plain Ave (route 135) in Wellesley
When: 8:40am every Saturday morning
Two 10-week sessions: November 8 to January 10 and January 17 to March 21
A call for Volunteers: Four new positions have been posted. Extra care has been taken to focus the scope of each so that the time involved is minimized. Please take a look at the home page for WYH.org and look to the far right – click on ‘Open Positions’.